Wednesday 27 June 2012

A night to remember

After a 4 hour train ride from Geneva we arrived in Paris, we decided that the easiest way to get to the Hotel would be to catch a train. Not knowing a lot of French I (Jess) went up to the counter to attempt to ask about the ticket system but unfortunately the lady behind the  counter responded that she only spoke French, so we had to decipher how the ticket system worked.
 
We arrived at our Hotel, checked in and then decided that we would go down to see the Eiffel Tower.  The place was a buzz of people, people watching a Euro 2012 soccer match that was being broadcast on a large screen at Jardines de Trocadero and tourists waiting in long queues to go up the Eiffel Tower.


We decided that as there were large queues we wouldn't go up the tower but instead sit in the park to watch nightfall on the tower.

We found a spot near a tree and Chris sat down, I did not sit down as the ground was damp and I wanted to stretch my legs. This gave Chris the perfect opportunity while I had my back turned to him to get the ring out for the big proposal.
 
As I turned around he held out his hand and said I have something for you and I looked down and there was a beautiful glistening diamond staring back at me.  My eyes filled with tears and I responded with Yes.


After overcoming the shock and making a few phone calls to family we watched as the Eiffel Tower lit up.

No comments:

Post a Comment